Scottsdale Weightloss Center

Learn from those who have been successful


You may have heard of the National Weight Control Registry (NWCR), but if not, it is a good way to learn from others that have been successful in weight loss.  To be included in the registry, you have to lose 30 pounds and keep it off for a year.  The registry started in 1994 and now has over 5000 members.

Registry members have lost an average of 66 lbs and kept it off for 5.5 years.  Weight losses have ranged from 30 to 300 lbs.   Duration of successful weight loss has ranged from 1 year to 66 years!   Some have lost the weight rapidly, while others have lost weight very slowly–over as many as 14 years.   45% of registry participants lost the weight on their own and the other 55% lost weight with the help of some type of program.  98% of Registry participants report that they modified their food intake in some way to lose weight.  94% also increased their physical activity, with the most frequently reported form of activity being walking.

A few more facts for maintenance:

1.       78% eat breakfast every day.
2.       75% weigh themselves at least once a week.
3.       62% watch less than 10 hours of TV per week.
4.       90% exercise, on average, about 1 hour per day.

To find out more about the registry, visit

We're the experts you can trust to guide you through a weight loss program that will not only take the weight off but keep it off.

Our Patients Get Results

Click below to read real patient success stories.

Recent Posts


Upcoming Classes

[MEC id="2626"]

There’s no content to show here yet.