Robert Ziltzer, MD, FACP, FAAP
Running is a great form of exercise to integrate into your weight loss program. If you have never tried it before, it is easy to get started and anyone can do it. You do not need to be an athlete to start running.
Benefits of Running
- You can do it anytime, anywhere. At home, or on vacation.
- It requires no special equipment or transportation
- You can run for 5 minutes or 2 hours – no matter what it gets your heart pumping and burns calories!
- Running is great for stress relief
How to Get Started
- Have a plan. You can create your own plan or get help from a personal trainer. You can also begin a Couch to 5K Program. This program trains you to be able to run a 5K in 9 weeks.
- Don’t worry about speed. The most common mistake that beginning runners make is going to fast which causes them to tire out. Take the time to build up your strength and you will naturally get faster.
- Commit. Remember, commitment is important. Running takes stamina! Focus on training 3-4 days per week.
- Set goals. Something that can always help to keep you on track is setting goals. Set a goal to register and complete a 5K once you start running. It will give you a reason to train and hold you accountable!
Running is great exercise. There are so many benefits besides keeping you in shape. It is one of the best forms of exercise you can do to lose weight so be sure to incorporate it into your weight loss program.
This is How You Lose the Weight, Once and For All
If you’re ready to say goodbye to quick fixes that never last? And you’re serious about losing the weight for good? We’re the experts you can trust to guide you through a weight loss program that will not only take the weight off but keep it off.
Schedule a consultation with us today.