One of the objections that I regularly hear when discussing the use of meal replacements in weight loss is the new patient who states, “I just want to eat normal food.” Unfortunately, the foods that many of us eat regularly and often that we think are “healthy” have lead to our problems with weight in the first place are full of too many calories and are ultra-processed.
Do you want to continue eating foods that have led to your current weight?
Here are 5 Reasons to Consider Medical Meal Replacements as part of a successful weight loss program:
- One of the main benefits of using meal replacements for obesity treatment and weight loss in a medical clinic is that they provide a controlled and consistent amount of calories and nutrients. This can help individuals to better manage
their calorie intake and achieve a more steady and sustainable weight loss.
- Another benefit of meal replacements is that they are often designed to be nutritionally complete, which means that they provide all the essential vitamins and minerals needed for good health. This can help to ensure that individuals are getting the proper nutrition while they are losing weight.
- Using meal replacements can also make it easier for individuals to stick to their diet plans. Many people find it difficult to make healthy food choices when they are in a rush, or when they are away from home. With meal replacements, they can simply grab a shake or a bar and go, without having to worry about what they are going to eat.
- Meal replacements can also be an effective tool for weight loss because they can help to reduce feelings of hunger and cravings. Because many meal replacements are high in protein and fiber, they can help to keep individuals
feeling full for longer periods of time, which can make it easier for them to stick to their diet plans.
- In a medical clinic setting, use of meal replacements may provide an opportunity for dietitian or clinical staff to have more frequent check-ins and monitoring of patient’s progress. The ease of tracking daily calorie and nutrient intake, and adjustments can be made to ensure the best weight loss plan and goals are met. This extra layer of support can help to improve the chances of success for the individuals seeking obesity treatment.