Do you want to be more physically active, but have a hard time fitting exercise into an already busy schedule? Try these tips to find time for fitness that will help you lose weight.
- Take a few ten-minute walks during the day. Although you should try to be active for at least 30 minutes a day, you don’t have to do it all at once. Try getting your exercises in short bursts. Take a short walk before work, during lunch, and after dinner.
- Get up earlier. If you simply can’t find time in your day to work out, try getting up a little bit earlier every day. Start by getting up earlier a couple of days a week and adding more days as you adjust to the new schedule.
- Park farther away. When going to work or out shopping, make a point of parking as far away as possible and getting in the extra steps as you make your way to the door.
- Rethink your free time. Do you go to the movies or out to eat with family and friends? Try starting a ritual of going for a family bike ride or playing a group sport instead.
- Make your lunch hour work for you. Keep a pair of walking shoes at your desk and spend your lunch break taking a brisk walk instead of eating at your desk.