Top 5 Excuses Not to Exercise
If coming up with excuses not to exercise, was a form of exercise, we would all be thin. Unfortunately, spending time thinking of reasons why we can’t exercise works against our goals of becoming healthier, warding off osteoporosis and losing weight.
Here are some of the most frequently used excuses that just don’t fly:
- I don’t have time to exercise. If you have 10 minutes in the morning to watch Good Morning America, then guess what? You have time to exercise.
- Exercise is too hard on my knees. There are many exercises, like swimming, resistance bands and bicycling that are easier on your knees and joints.
- I can’t afford a gym membership. Is there an outside where you live? If so, then there is no excuse not to walk in it and burn a few calories.
- I don’t have the right shoes. Okay, this is actually a good reason to….go buy new shoes. You shouldn’t exercise in shoes that are uncomfortable or don’t offer proper support. You can work your arms and upper body until you get new shoes.
- I’m tired, and I hate exercising. Well, if you enjoy living and being healthy, you might have to force yourself to exercise for at least 20 minutes each day. Afterward, you’ll find that you have more energy and that you sleep better at night. In addition, you may find yourself actually liking it.