Cally Smith, FNP-C
Optifast meal replacements are a great way to replace what you’re missing in your diet. They can be the perfect tool for those who want to lose weight, but don’t have the time or energy to cook.
However, if you find that your Optifast meal replacement is not enough and are looking for ways to improve it, read on! Here are some of the top tips we share with patients on full or partial meal replacement plans.
9 Ways to Jazz up Optifast Meal Replacements
- Use ice or iced water when you mix the shakes (they taste better cold!).
- Mix the vanilla shake with fruit-infused herbal teas instead of water.
- Mix the chocolate shake with cold peppermint tea instead of water.
- Sweeten them with a little artificial sweetener like Equal, Splenda, or sugar-free syrups.
- Cook or steam your allowed vegetables and add them to the OPTIFAST soup.
- Add poultry seasoning to the cream of chicken soup.
- Add a teaspoon of chili powder to the tomato soup.
- Add a teaspoon of instant coffee to the chocolate or vanilla OPTIFAST.
- Add vegetable bouillon, black pepper, and red chili flakes to the tomato soup.
Make Weight Loss Taste Better
It’s a common misconception that meal replacement plans are not enough if you have an active lifestyle or work and need more calories than the average person. At Scottsdale Weight Loss Center, we want to help you reach your weight loss goals.
Make your Optifast plan even better by adding in additional spices, vegetables, and other flavors. Let us know which of these suggestions made sense for you and why. We love hearing from our patients who take their health into their own hands – it makes all the difference.
Are Meal Replacements For You?
This is How You Lose the Weight, Once and For All
If you’re ready to say goodbye to quick fixes that never last? And you’re serious about losing the weight for good? We’re the experts you can trust to guide you through a weight loss program that will not only take the weight off but keep it off.
Schedule a consultation with us today.